Getting the right care at the right time and the right place.
Expert Emergency Care You Can Trust
When a health crisis or trauma occurs, you need an ER you can have confidence in. We provide emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and have proudly served the community for more than 55 years.
Experience our low wait times and allow our full staff of highly trained ER physicians to provide you with focused, compassionate emergency care. Our quick turnaround will get you back doing the things you love faster.
Coast Plaza Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke center by The Joint Commission and American Heart Association. Additionally, we are a Get with the Guidelines® Silver Plus Stroke award recipient.
Our first-rate equipment and on-site laboratory and pharmacy provide thorough, comprehensive treatment in one place.
When To Seek Emergency Care
Emergency care is required when a patient has a medical condition that is severe and life-threatening. Here is a partial list of conditions:
- Bluish lips or face
- Severe and constant pain or pressure in the chest
- Extreme difficulty breathing (such as gasping for air, being unable to talk without catching your breath, severe wheezing, nostrils flaring)
- New disorientation (acting confused)
- Unconscious or very difficult to wake up
- Slurred speech or difficulty speaking (new or worsening)
- New or worsening seizures
- Signs of low blood pressure (too weak to stand, dizziness, lightheaded, feeling cold, pale, clammy skin)
- Dehydration (dry lips and mouth, not urinating much, sunken eyes)
Please dial 911 and/or visit your nearest Emergency Room if you or a loved one is experiencing an emergency.
Care Can’t Wait
Allow us to help you put your care first. Patients who avoid medical care for routine or highly treatable issues could encounter complicated or even life-threatening situations. Don’t let fear of exposure to COVID-19 keep you from getting the care you need. Our emergency room remains open, and we have implemented many safety measures to keep our patients and caregivers safe.
Additional measures we are taking:
- Restricting visitors. Read our visitor restrictions and call our main line for the most-up-to-date visitor information.
- Masking patients with signs of virus and implementing isolation and COVID-19 testing.
- Enhancing hospital sanitation efforts by increasing the number of thorough cleanings.
- Ensuring hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the hospital.
- Closely monitoring the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Please read our COVID-19 Resources and Updates here.
We encourage patients with non-urgent needs to schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained primary care physicians. Contact our clinic at (562) 868-3751 ext 3031 to make an appointment and be seen by a doctor.
Coast Plaza Hospital is centrally located in Norwalk. You can access great healthcare easily by public transportation or personal vehicle.
Have questions? Give us a call or fill out our contact form. Great health is within your reach!
Stay Engaged, Stay Healthy
Coast Plaza Hospital is proud to offer educational opportunities that promote the health and well-being of the communities we serve. We provide a variety of classes with information on healthy eating, weight management and more. Our aim is to empower our communities with information and guidance that can help them lead healthier, happier lives.