Getting the right care at the right time and the right place.
About our Emergency Department
When a health crisis or trauma occurs, you need an ER you can trust. We provide emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, serving the community for over 55 years. Experience our low wait times and allow our full staff of highly trained ER physicians to provide you with focused compassionate emergency care. Our quick turnaround will get you back doing the things you love faster.
Coast Plaza Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and American Stroke Association. Additionally, we are a Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus stroke award recipient.
Our first rate equipment and on-site laboratory, pharmacy, 24-hour CT capability, and ultrasound imaging provide thorough, comprehensive treatment in one place.
When To Seek Emergency Care
Emergency care is required when a patient has a medical condition that is severe and life-threatening conditions such as:
- Severe and constant pain or pressure in the chest
- Difficulty breathing/Shortness of breath (such as gasping for air, being unable to talk without catching your breath, severe wheezing, nostrils flaring)
- Sudden confusion
- Unconscious or very difficult to wake up
- Signs of a stroke:
– Slurred speech or difficulty speaking (new or worsening)
– Weak or drooping on one side of the face or body
- New or worsening seizures
- Signs of low blood pressure (too weak to stand, dizziness, lightheaded, feeling cold, pale, clammy skin)
- Dehydration (dry lips and mouth, not urinating much, sunken eyes)
- Severe bleeding or trauma
- Head injury
- Possible broken bone, loss of movement, particularly if the bone is pushing through the skin
- Poisoning or overdose of drug or alcohol
- Suicidal/Homicidal thoughts
Please dial 911 and/or visit your nearest Emergency Room if you or a loved one is experiencing an emergency. Care Can’t Wait.
Our Emergency Room is Open During COVID-19
Allow us to help you put your care first. Patients who avoid medical care for routine or highly treatable issues could encounter complicated or even life-threatening situations. Don’t let fear of exposure to COVID-19 keep you from getting the care you need. Our emergency room remains open, and we have implemented many safety measures to keep our patients and caregivers safe.
Additional measures we are taking for COVID-19:
- Restricting visitors. Read our visitor restrictions and call our main line for the most-up-to-date visitor information.
- Requiring masks covering the nose and mouth of all patients, visitors and staff at all times.
- implementing isolation and COVID-19 testing.
- Enhancing hospital sanitation efforts by increasing the number of thorough cleanings.
- Ensuring hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the hospital.
- Closely monitoring the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Please read our COVID-19 Resources and Updates here.
In Case of Emergency DIAL 911
Coast Plaza Hospital is centrally located in Norwalk and easily accessible by public transportation or personal vehicle.
We encourage patients with non-urgent needs to schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained primary care physicians. Great healthcare is within your reach!
Norwalk, CA 90650 13100 Studebaker Rd.