No more reflux, no more PPI’s!
Discover the TIF® procedure for reflux now available at Coast Plaza Hospital
What is GERD?
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is when the valve that keeps your stomach contents from flowing up into your esophagus does not close properly.
- Causes damage to the esophagus
- Chronic symptoms can be very painful—even debilitating
- A progressive disease that does not resolve itself over time
- May lead to Barrett’s esophagus or esophageal cancer
GERD Can Mean More Than Just Heartburn
GERD can lead to short-term bothersome symptoms, which can vary from mild or moderate to severe depending on the person.
- Up to 60% of patients have symptoms in the throat without any significant heartburn as a symptom
- 75% of patients with frequent GERD symptoms have them at night
- 62% of patients with obstructive sleep apnea also have GERD
For more information on GERD and treatment options, click here to view our Brochure.
The TIF Procedure – Makes Every Body Happy
The Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF) Procedure is an incision-free option without all the negative side-effects of other surgical options. The TIF Procedure is performed through the mouth to restore the esophagus to its normal state, meaning it often allows for a short recovery time of less than one week!
This solution is safe and effective, and has a proven track record of transforming lives. An astounding 81% of patients are off daily PPI’s post TIF Procedure and 84% show that their esophagitis has healed or improved one grade. Quality of life scores have also shown significant improvement, so talk to our doctors today to see if the TIF Procedure is right for you.
Always here for you
- 15,345 annual ER visits
- More than 275 physicians
- 280+ employees
We’ve served our community for more than 60 years. That’s one of the reasons why our patients trust that when they come to Coast Plaza Hospital, they will receive compassionate, quality care from our well-trained medical professionals.